diet is a four letter word

hello again diary,

ah, diet. that four letter word instantly makes me feel deprived. it might as well be called "the can't have" because that is what it means in my vocabulary. that is the main reason why I mentioned that I am not sure how I am going to go about losing weight. I don't want to go on a diet...I simply want to learn to eat normally. normal does not mean can't.

ok, back to the diets. I have tried weight watchers (countless times), jenny craig (twice), low carb, low fat, etc. I like ww. I know it works. I just can not count points. I despise it. the whole thought of counting points drives me bonkers. so, that's out.

jenny craig. it was amazing for about 3 months. and then I got tired of their food. I also did not understand how you would maintain your weight once you were to goal. the only option would be to continue eating their food. unfortunately, I got tired of their food about month 4. no bueno.

so back to eating normal. I am gonna try that for once. pay attention to portion sizes, moderation, etc. It seems so simple, and it is for so many, but for me it's going to take effort.

I also have to get moving.

here's my take on exercising...I hate it, of course. I did have a few months where I was really great about it. I don't think I ever looked forward to it, but I loved the way I felt after. I miss that. I want to feel that again.

this is going to be a slow process. I am in the information gathering stage right now; figuring out what is best for me. who knows where all this will take me, but I'm happy to have you all along with me for the ride.

xo,
me

p.s. I have cake in my fridge calling my name. dang.

No comments: